Part of our reading program includes reading and responding to articles from
Kiwikidsnews. This includes news from Aotearoa and from the world.
1. Find a quote from the main person in this news article?
There are no statements from Judy Garland or anyone else.
2. In your own words describe what happened in this news article.
The all loved movie Wizard of Oz costume of Dorothy played by Judy Garland has been sold for US $1.56 million dollars ($2.37 million dollars NZ). This is one of two dresses used in the movie. The other one was sold in 2012 for US$490000 dollars ($744426 dollars NZ).
3. Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place.
All information about the whereabouts of the auction is that is was held in New York.
4. Tell us when this event happened and explain what might happen in the future.
The article was posted on 27th November that is all the information provided. The rest of the props and costumes might have a chance of being auctioned off too.
5. Explain in your own words why this event took place.
Because of how old and well the movie was the people in charge decided to sell importants parts of the movie e.g. - costumes and props.
6. Use the Dictionary in the bottom right hand corner to find the meaning of 3 words from the article.
Unidentified - Not recognized or identified.
Bidder - Someone that bids for something when something goes for sale.
Auction - A public sale in which goods or property are sold to the highest bidder.