Pages

Friday 13 November 2015

Fishing

I am learning to add more detail to my recounts.

Image result for clipart fishingSplash, splash! There were 3 fish on the line.
It was the first week of school holidays my family except my older sister went fishing. We went to our special fishing spot it was 30 minutes away.
When we got there my dad and I went to the back of the car to get our rods and hooks. But on our way to the wharf my little sister cried and cried. “Ahhhhh” she screamed as loud as she could. She was upset we were leaving her. In the end, we had to bring her on to the wharf.
‘Wooosssshhhh plop’ that was the sound of my dad setting out the line and it going into the water. I held my rod full of hope that I would catch a fish. Suddenly the rod shook very hard. I’ve never caught a fish like this before this before. I reeled it on to the wharf and when I saw what was on the line, it all made sense because there wasn’t one fish but three fish.
Again my dad set out the line and again I was very hopeful that I’d catch another. A while after the line was set out I felt the rod shake. I pulled and reeled until I could the hooks, I looked at what was on the line with excitement because there was another fish. Moments after the next line dropped into the water it suddenly began to shake, I reeled it up hoping it’s not a baby snapper we weren’t allowed to keep those but wasn’t so we could keep it.
Finally when we got home I was very happy because for dinner was the fish I caught. My dad usually catches the fish or we buy it from the store. when we got home we ate. But it wasn’t from the store, it was the fish I caught.  At the end of the day, I felt happy that I had caught all that fish,.  I was  tired, sleepy but, I also felt proud of myself because I had achieved my goal.  At the end of the day, I felt happy that I had caught something, I was  tired, sleepy but, I also felt proud of myself because I had achieved my goal.

1 comment:

  1. Great family time,certainly something to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.